Friday 9 March 2012


Rosell: “For me there is no comparison. Messi is the best ever”      

I still feel that discussions on whether Messi is the best player in the history of the sport or not, if he can be compared to other players... for me there are no comparisons. He is the best player ever. I don’t think we’ll ever see another player like him. Like Guardiola said, let’s enjoy him because he’s incredible, he stratospheric,” saidPresident Sandro Rosell this Thursday morning during a Global Sports Forum session. “He’s the best player in the world, for Barcelona and for Argentina.”

Sabella anecdote 

The FC Barcelona President recounted his experience with Argentina’s national manager, Alejandro Sabella, during this Wednesday’s match in the presidential box. “When I saw him before the match I said, ‘Hey, boss! What are you doing here?’ He responded that he came to watch the lads play. I then told him to focus on Barça’s number 10. ‘I think he’s pretty good,’ I said. ‘I imagine that you’re still not sure if you’re going to name him to your team, right?’ I asked. He said yes, he still had doubts. At half time, when Messi already had two goals, I asked him, ‘how’s the decision coming along?’ ‘I still have doubts,’ he said. Obviously we were joking around.”

Rosell also highlighted the team’s effort last night: “Messi is a spectacular player, he has other spectacular players around him that help him be spectacular. It’s a pleasure to watch this team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment